MOVIES.

0



Do you remember what films you saw last year? Was there a film that took your breath away or made you think about life? Was there a film that totally blew you away? Why? What was it about the film(s) that affected you so much?

I think i saw almost every film shown in that video! (except Twilight of course, don't get me started) to name a few movies i saw in the clip: Teminator Salvation, Sherlock Holmes, Transformers, Public Enemies, Wolverine: Origins, The Lovely Bones, Star Trek, Where The Wild Things Are, Hurt Locker, G.I Joe, Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Jennifer's Body, Moon, Up I could go on forever!

Last year I remember seeing bus loads of movies. Whether it was with friends, family or even by myself at home i remember watching a different movie every day of the year! I remember in March of last year when the movie "Watchmen" came out, me and a few of my friends skipped school to go see it because we were huge fans of the comic book and had been looking forward to the film since the day it was announced. I usually went for the big\high budget mainstream movies like everyone else, but also gave some indie low budget\non mainstream movies a chance.Movies like "Gomorrah", "World's Greatest Dad" or even "The Battle of Red Cliff" were probably some of the greatest movies last year, that i saw but absolutely talked about or heard of! One movie i remember seeing that affected personally that blew me away but also left me thinking about life, was the movie "A Serious Man" by the Coen Brothers.

In the movie we follow the character Larry Gopnik who's life falls into a abyss after several incidents. Throughout the movie as his life unravels he tries to understand why all of this is happening to him and the reasoning behind it, but fails to do so and he just explodes mentally. I did'nt effect me emotionally (you know... the bro code and all hahaa) but its storyline was so deep and rich i just felt immersed in the movie, i genuinely thought that it was a true story and that this was a real guy; so i became attached to the characters in the movie. I also really liked it because it was a Dark Comedy, it had moments where you did'nt know what emotion to exert; whether to laugh at the various intentionally funny moments or sympathize. I personally am more into movies with a good story or a deeper meaning than movies with explosions and superheroes saving the day once again.

Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment